Behind the Twisted Wire: Dave Veart and Jenny Haworth
Michael King Writers’ Centre and Devonport Library Associates present Dave Veart in conversation with Writer and Publisher Jenny Haworth.
Behind the Twisted Wire: New Zealand Artists in WW1
Where: Devonport Library, 2 Victoria Road, Devonport
When: Tuesday 26th April.
Drinks and nibbles from 7.30 pm.
Speakers 8pm – 9pm
Dave and Jenny will discuss the gradual development of the role of commissioned war artists from the first Gallipoli studies by Horace Moore-Jones to the memorial paintings created by George Butler for the proposed War Memorial museum in Wellington.
Hear about the development of the “’Simpson’ and his donkey” legend, perhaps the most iconic painting of World War One. They will also look at the story of various Auckland artists who often served as soldiers and painted in their spare time.
Jenny Haworth’s book is available for purchase on the night.
- Book Launch: As Much Gold as an Ass Could Carry - Vivienne Plumb
10 March 2017
- Our Annual Residential Workshop
22 October 2016
- Vivienne Plum - Public Presentation
28 September 2016
- Dine and Celebrate with Fiona Kidman
12 September 2016
- In Conversation: David Hastings and Iain Sharp
28 August 2016
- The Divine Muses XIII Poetry Reading
26 August 2016
- Poetry live Celebrates National Poetry Day
23 August 2016
- In Conversation Robert Glancy and Fiona Sussman
24 July 2016
- Writers Lounge free lunchtime sessions
13 June 2016
- Benefit Gala for Daffodils at the Auckland Town Hall
03 June 2016
- In Conversation: Geoff Chapple and Warwick Freeman
22 May 2016
- Autumn Resident 2015 Roger Horrocks book launch
05 May 2016
- Behind the Twisted Wire: Dave Veart and Jenny Haworth
26 April 2016
- Exclusive Italian lunch with Nicky Pellegrino
12 April 2016
- Writing Your Heart Out with Deborah Shepard - 2016
05 April 2016
- Behind the Twisted Wire Launch
03 March 2016
- Auckland Anniversary Day 2016 Poets' Picnic in the Garden
01 February 2016