An hour with Chris Else - Fiction: How it works and why we need it
Lower Hutt novelist and fiction writer Chris Else, the current writer in residence at the Michael King Writers' Centre, will speak at an event at the Takapuna Library on Thursday April 26.
He will talk about Fiction: How it works and why we need it.
Chris has been working at the centre since early March and is nearing the end of his residency. He is working on a novel set in Auckland in the 1970s.
He has published six novels and two collections of short stories. With his wife Barbara Else, he also runs the TFS Literary Agency and Assessment Service, which offers manuscript assessment, mentoring and agency services to new and established writers.
He has had a major involvement in many of New Zealand's literary organisations, including the NZ Society of Authors and Copyright Licensing Ltd.
The event is organised by the Friends of the Michael King Writers' Centre, the Friends of Takapuna Library and the Devonport Library Associates.
Refreshments will be served from 6 pm, with the author talk from 6.30 pm.
Admission is $5 at the door and bookings are recommended. To make a booking, please contact Helen Woodhouse at Takapuna Library:
Ph: 09 486 8469
- Signals launch
08 December 2012
- Playing Miss Havisham, with Helen Moulder
25 November 2012
- Author Meets Author: Eleanor Catton and Emily Perkins
22 November 2012
- Wind and Weather
21 November 2012
- Open afternoon for the Devonport Arts Festival
18 November 2012
- On the Upside Down of the World
08 October 2012
- Frank Sargeson House Open Day
07 October 2012
- Open afternoon for the Auckland Heritage Festival
30 September 2012
- The Showing and The Telling, with Eleanor Catton
26 September 2012
- Three Way Conversation at the Pah Homestead
30 August 2012
- Eleanor Catton at Hue & Cry book launch
24 August 2012
- Lines in the Sand - documentary screening and panel discussion
25 June 2012
- An Evening with Te Awhina Arahanga: Maori Today
07 June 2012
- An hour with Chris Else - Fiction: How it works and why we need it
26 April 2012
- New Kiwi Women Write Their Stories
14 April 2012
- Sargeson House Open Afternoon
25 March 2012
- Breaking Bread with Whiti Hereaka
23 February 2012