About Our Residency Programme
There are fifteen residencies available in 2019 for writers. Applicants must be born in New Zealand, hold New Zealand citizenship or be permanent residents.
All criteria, eligibility, terms and conditions can be downloaded from the application page. Writers who are selected for a residency receive a stipend, accommodation and use of the writer’s studio at the Michael King Writers Centre in Devonport.
- Four University of Auckland semester residencies
- Three Emerging writers residencies
- Four Established writers residencies
- Two Maori writer residencies (1 established/1 emerging)
- Two Pasifika writer residencies (1 established/1 emerging)
The residencies are available thanks to support from Creative New Zealand and the University of Auckland.
Almost fifty New Zealand writers have held residencies at the centre since 2005.